Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wacom Product Launch

I was lucky enough to be involved in the Wacom Intuos 4 launch in Melbourne last week. I was the artist on the night and used the new tablet to whip up a caricature of Hugh Hefner in about 90 minutes while the tablet was launched. It's a painting I'm working on in my spare time, but I took this opportunity to give the colouring a run through.

It was a great event and even greater because the kind hearted people at Wacom gave me an Intuos 4 as payment, and it rules.

Even though I was on my best professional behaviour (sober) I will review the event as is traditional here on the blog.

Level of Work: Not too shabby!
Venue: Belgian Pub on Southbank, can't get much better.
Nibblies: From what I saw/smelt they were excellent. Stand out were mini hotdogs in mini buns, with mini mustard squirted on top.
Number of Free Drinks: Open bar, all the trapist beer you could want. I had none...

6 comments:

Dominic Philibert said...

Cool on earth!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That's a great Hefner there Luke !

Luke Watson said...

Thanks for stopping by guys. I'm working on a more detailed version and will post a WIP soon.

Cheers,

Anthony Pascoe said...

Great stuff Luke !...look forward to seeing the finished one

Carl Knox said...

Hey Luke!

You know I was walking past a huge poster of your "Rudd-o-Rama" just the other day in Brissie and thinking to myself "I wonder who did that..." and *poof! you show up on my comments list! Great work man! What was the turnaround on that one?

Thanks for your kind words! Always nice to meet a fellow Aussie; and in Victoria to boot!

Looking forward to the next piece from you!

Damion009 said...

L,M,F,A,F... YOUR GOOD!